Please note Blacks, Whites and Metallic Colours are in part 2.
- Based on old masters’ formulations
- 101 colours + 7 gold shades with maximum brilliance and purity of which 64 single-pigment colours.
- 42 exquisite translucent colours.
- Premium artists’ pigments in highest concentrations.
- Maximum possible lightfastness.
- Balanced drying process.
- Tension-free and durable colour-layers.
- 108 colours in 35 ml tubes.
- 32 colours in 150 ml tubes. (Titanium Opaque White in stock, all other colours to order)
The globally unique artists’ natural resin-oil colours MUSSINI® arise from the tradition of Italian painting schools and were named after Professor Cesare Mussini, who worked at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence. The special feature of these finest professional artists’ colours is primarily due to the basic knowledge of the old masters, which has been retained until today, of combining selected artists' oil with natural resin.
The high luminosity and the best lightfastness of all colours and the pleasantly pasty consistency are highly valued by oil painters all over the world. For MUSSINI®, only the best traditional and some newly developed artists' pigments are used in maximum concentration. The individual compositions of the pigments with traditional binders such as linseed oil, safflower oil and sunflower oil and parts of the best natural resin solutions (damar) provide excellent light refraction properties, increased luminosity and particularly durable colour layers.
The excellent drying properties of MUSSINI® resin-oil colours come from the fact that the oil parts of the colours increase in volume by absorbing oxygen, while the solvents of the natural resin solution evaporate, thus ensuring a shrinkage in volume. These balancing processes create tension-free and even drying of the colour layers and thus guarantee the longevity of the painting.
MUSSINI® has the ability to mix and combine with all oil colours and oil mediums.